Position: Music Leader
Reports to: Pastor and Deacons
Hours: Part Time
About Mt Zion Baptist Church
Mt Zion Baptist Church was founded in 1890. We are a congregation averaging between 120-160 on Sunday morning. We are a rural church near Tifton, GA right off of I-75. We are a loving congregation that is generous and missions minded. We have a full time pastor and some part-time supporting staff. For more information about our church, please visit www.mtzionchula.org.
Principle Function: To lead Mt Zion Baptist Church to worship the Lord in song. The Music Leader will minister well to the current worship culture of the church but make our worship inviting to new people and the next generation.
With this being a part-time position, we understand most candidates will have another job they work alongside this one. This position is very flexible and more about meeting the needs of the congregation than “putting in the hours”.
- Lead music on Sunday morning, Sunday evening, and some involvement in Wednesday night prayer meeting.
- Lead music at the Christmas Eve service.
- Lead choir, including a weekly practice.
- Meet regularly with the pastor to review the previous week’s service and plan the next week’s.
- Keep informed on current music and worship trends, utilizing them when and where important.
- Administer leadership to the media and technology departments of the church.
- Attend monthly deacons meeting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have a vibrant walk with Jesus and show evidence of a mature and godly character. A heart for people is a must. Candidate must sense a calling to lead music. Must desire to disciple people in the music ministry and support the church in missions and evangelism. Must be a capable singer. Piano and guitar playing ability is preferred. Skill in choir leadership, technology, and working with youth and children will be necessary. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution is a plus, but not a requirement.
Salary will be based on experience.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a letter of interest either by email to email@example.com or by mail to the address below:
Mt Zion Baptist Church
Attn. Music Leader Committee
293 Mt Zion Church Road
Chula, GA 31733